2.06.2017

More Real Time


Ezekiel, inspired this morning by the play mixer that Luci recieved from G&G Owen as an early birthday present: "Mama, how do you make bread?"

I explained the components common to most simple breads, adding, "And if you want a rich bread, like the one we make for Communion, you add a couple of eggs to the dough."

He was lost in thought for a few moments before coming closer and stage-whispering his plans to make Lucinda a loaf of bread for her birthday today, "I wanna make a rich bread with lotsa eggs."

"How many eggs do you want to add to the dough?" I stage-whispered back.

"A miiiillion eggs.  I wanna make a rich bread-- a very, very rich bread."

I haven't yet found a gentle way to sway him from his plans, and I'm pretty sure he's envisioning something this glorious.

1 comment :

Molly said...

Oh my goodness, that is so adorable! The best part is the love of a younger brother wanting to make something very special for his sister on her birthday. Now, THAT is precious!

Much love!