11.09.2019

Hot Dog Head is TWO!







Piper set her alarm and woke early in order to prepare the birthday couches.










Aidan hadn't yet learned how to spell his name,









But he knew how to feign sleep well enough.







We had a crazy weekend right before Skylark's birthday, so I can't remember what this pitiful birthday breakfast was. Candles are what really mattered, though, and we had that covered.





Two days later, another birthday breakfast!








When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday supper, she responded without hesitation, "Hock-gogs!" When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, she stood firm with the theme, "Hock-gog cake!"

So, instead of a charming woodland-themed cake with a hand-sculpted chipmunk, I scrambled together when we got home the afternoon of her birthday and made a couple of hock gogs. (Easy! Thank goodness for you, Skylark!)

And, also, deeeelicious.









Aidan couldn't wait to show her when she woke up from her nap.





Yes! A happy, little Hock Gog Head!





After a gourmet hot dog supper, we busted out more candles. What a party!





If Skylark ends up being our last baby (nature taking its course around these parts), we have saved the best Skylark for last. She is jolly and feisty and full of color. Even when she's mad, she livens our days with laughter. Skylark, you little baby bird, we love you to bursting!










Oh, we love you at two, little one.



2 comments :

Molly said...

What a cutie pie! I love hearing her little voice and making her very decidedly, birthday requests known. Again, your clever and talented, kitchen magic comes through. ADORABLE hot dog cakes!!

I remember where I was when I learned of her birth. David and I were spending a very late night with our dear friend wrapping up wedding reception plans right before Megan's wedding. We were making a late night pizza run and I was sitting in the back seat checking my phone. I was so excited to know she had made it safely into this world that I shouted out the news interrupting all ongoing conversation. From that moment on our friend began to hear the story of how special the Owen Family is!

Happy Birthday, precious Skylark!!

Much love!

Abigail said...

Oh, I love knowing this story, Molly!
It means much to me that you are so faithful in your prayers for and love to us, though you've never met us in the flesh, sharing in our joy and sorrow both.
Thank you!