5.04.2020

Voting Booth Now Open

I am this close to painting our house midnight blue. The house inspector told us 10 years ago that the board and batten needed to be sealed, so I suppose it's about time.

My children have mixed opinions. John, predictably, tells me to do what I wish. (It would take him about a year to notice the color change, anyway.)

Here's the shade.The other option preferred by a vocal child who does not like change is a transparent seal. Now cast your Very Important Vote.

10 comments :

Abigail said...

If the house turns blue, I'll probably paint the doors cranberry or yellow. Luci is greatly opposed to red, but that's what I'm leaning toward.

Abigail said...

This is all VERY IMPORTANT.

rlbuckwalter said...

Yes, I love the blue color! Do it! We have a dark gray house (official color: peppercorn) with a red door. I approve!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the blue also!!

Making Cents Of It All said...

We resided our house last year a very similar color. We love it and it gets lots of compliments.

heidiann(e) said...

Yes! blue!
it will look so pretty with all your flowers.

Elisabeth Leake said...

The blue looks cool, and cranberry doors sound really cool.

Nanno said...

That's a very nice exterior color. Someone built one not far from us recently and painted it that dusky dark blue with white trim and a copper-colored roof. It's strikingly attractive.

sarah said...

I love it. Bowden cried when he was ten or so over us replacing a couch, so I feel for the reluctant child.

Abigail said...

That reluctant child has now been joined by a few more, ha! I might have to go with transparent seal and then window boxes or something easier than window boxes to brighten things up.

And, Nanno, a COPPER ROOF! Wow. That sounds gorgeous.