9.25.2010

White Rabbit

Well, here I am.

I've been at the library for 50 minutes of the 60 I allotted to put up a blog post, and my progress stands as follows:

1. I have checked the first few posts of one of my friend's blogs. JUST ONE!!!!

2. Through no lack of trying, I have thus far loaded zero snapshots for Shotsnaps. ZERO!!!!

3. I have been doggedly attempting to ignore the tender couple several yards away-- the only other people in the room-- who murmur wispy words to one another. My peripheral vision keeps functioning despite my orders for it to fall to China through a hole in the ground, so I am also privy to their strokes, smackings, etc. FALL TO CHINA THROUGH A HOLE IN THE GROUND!!!!

(This command serves for both my functioning peripheral vision and to the passionate couple.)

In the twelve minutes that remain to me before John and the girls come trucking to pack me up and away, I will keep my word and put up a post.

Please remember that even the weakest of posts is still a post.

Life is full, and I never come to the library, but I miss reading your blogs! Really, if we become inter-netted again, they are what will draw me back. I enjoy the diversion of all your words and pictures, displayed before my nosy nose, which is certainly a much more pleasant diversion than the couple on whom you can place the blame for the following lame post. (Which couple I believe has now been turned to stone. They are locked in a still and solid embrace from whence no sound comes forth. It's actually a little terrifying.)
Thanks, Medusa!
You come through every time...

***Kiley, there is no such thing as too many comments! I loved reading them all. And wheelbarrows of thanks to you, delurkers! It's fun to forge this tenuous connection to you five in other parts of the country and the world, and you rock for forcing me off my duff. (No, you do not count, *Cate* and Warner, because I already knew you occasionally read, and, yes, my rules for delurkers are ill-defined.) I will find the skittish Internet again soon to respond to everyone's comments, even if I have to overturn every boulder in the woods.

Very Truly and Everlastingly Yours,

CommentHog

13 comments :

cadie said...

I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, but I didn't comment on that post. I knew I didn't count as a lurker. Maybe you got "Cate" confused with me, which is someone else, a true lurker. ;-)

Farmgirl said...

THIS is a beautiful picture. Stunning, actually.

I'm laughing at the comments about the couple- I wonder if they know they are now famous.

sarah said...

Those scandalous tender people really tick me off. I actually really mean that, because I'm kind of a prude.
I love you guys, hope that you're well!!!

alltheposts said...

This picture is GORGEOUS!!! As are the models :)

alltheposts said...

Also, 5 babies and a body like that?! Now THAT is scandalous!!

~Kim said...

Yay, you're back! :-) Can't wait to hear more about what you all have been up to. I love how you capture the sweet and funny moments of life. The photo below of the girls in rain gear and all their cute expressions is priceless! :-)

Rebecca said...

yay! A post from Abipal. And I realized now, that I never did comment on your crazy long Long Island slathering of goodness from last month. I really had intended to and then, plum forgot.

If you'll forgive me I will say this of those 68 some posts...they were wonderful. All of them. Your photos always make me HAPPY, really feel it inside, and your words always take my breath away. Which is amazing because 1) after 68 posts, I would not be able to wax poetic and 2) beautiful thoughts and words never come with haste for me. Sadly. You amaze me in so very many ways.

So glad enough de-lurkers convinced you (held you captive) to keep your promise. YAY. THANK YOU DELURKERS. And I admit to considering becoming an anonymous delurker.

DOes that general comment cover for all 68? pretty please?

Now for the present posts: alltheposts is absolutely correct about what is scandalous.

So glad for little real-life updates, though still not enough for my tastes and thank you for coming yesterday despite your very busy life and many obligations. Hope your company went well and you weren't cursing my name the entire drive home.

Michelle P said...

What a wonderful surprise to see you back! I must admit my hopeful visits have become less frequent,as I really thought you might've given up for good...but I never lost hope that you would come back eventually. How could you say goodbye to these invisible faces? :)
This face is smiling now...you look beautiful! And the girls are getting so big!! I love all the pictures--thanks for taking the time to post them!! I think I will always remember the picture with "the buns" on the sewing machine table...adorable. I think you could most definitely win something magnificent with that picture...and no, I don't just mean my unending admiration (which you already have of course!)
Looks like you and John are well...so happy for you guys!
Seattle sends its love!

Full of Grace said...

I too am sorry I didn't post any comments on your lengthy post about a month ago. I was so immersed with looking at all the photos and reading that by the time I thought about commenting I had other things to do, and then I plumb forgot :) It was so nice seeing you for the "judah party" and hopefully we won't wait so long between visits for a visit (does that make sense?) :) Great to see you and a lovely shot with you and your almost littlest little one :)

Molly said...

It is so wonderful to see your newest posts and pictures! It brightens my day to view your gorgeous photos and read your posts - both witty and wise. I praise God for the health of you and your family. You have so many adoring fans:-) Thank you for letting us in and loving you all.

Blessings from Austin!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Picture :) love reading about how you & the girls are doing and all your fun adventures. last time i caught up was so late at night sorry i didnt comment. Hope your all doing well & think of you often :)
Rena

sarah said...

(more, more, more)

sincerely,
a greedy girl.

Abigail said...

Boy, with all these wonderful comments from you grand people, it's amazing that I haven't posted a million times since we got internet.

Yours sincerely,
The Lazy, Lazy CommentHog