4.12.2006


The girls and I had to pick up circus snapshots at a dreadful Superstore, and a man dressed as a giant bunny was in the film pickup section. Millie burst out laughing and said, "Mom, he's so SILLY" over and over. I told her she could tell him that, and she did. She walked right next to him, pointed at his belly and said, "You're so SILLY! Bunnies are little, and we can't even see who you are. You're so SILLY!" The Bunny Man stood still, awkwardly swaying on his fluffy, oversized feet. I don't think he understood that she was just as delighted by his silliness as the children who were delighted by his Easter Bunny charade.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

It's quite possible he didn't understand her delight. . .It's also quite possible he was busy thinking thoughts along the lines of "From the mouth of babes. . ." and desperately wishing he didn't have to dress up in the stupid (or "silly" if you prefer) bunny costume.

Novac said...

Most likely, s/he was thinking, "How much longer until my break so I can get away from children and get out of this sauna-deathtrap?"

Abigail said...

Yeah, I think you've both seen through to the heart of the truth. Either way, I pity the poor bunnymanwomanthing.