12.13.2007

False Promises

Here are the warm and savory smells of Thanksgiving in photographic form.

Oh, that's right. I didn't take any pictures of Thanksgiving. Instead, here's part of Millie's schooling the week before Thanksgiving. For a day or two, when we reviewed the stories and timeline, she called the Vikings "Hikings" or "Bikings," but by the week's end, she had it down pat.

We also made hand/foot construction paper turkeys while sitting at the laundromat and corncob dolls at the kitchen table, but there are no pictures. They do still cart the overly decorated cobs about, each cob missing a twiggy arm, so maybe there's still hope for corncob doll photos.



On her square of white, Millie replicated the original Thanksgiving Day spread, only she added more gourmet food than the Pilgrims ever imagined existing. Pumpkins and apples were fine, but then she went on to draw a cherry-strawberry pie, a mound of key limes (!), a pile of oranges, and a birthday cake, shaped like a rocket ship and with candles a'flame, for "a little Pilgrim child who is turning four." (When asked, Annika said that she had drawn "the snowy winter" in her square.)



I do have one picture from our Thanksgiving vacation on L.I. A blurry representation of Anna and Susannah. I took an evening picture of Alex and Annika in a leaf pile, too, but they just looked like small dark blobs on a larger dark blob. Cheers to amateur snapshotters!


3 comments :

Grace said...

Oh boy you are much to generous. Thank you.
It was truly a lucky shot, that 31 weeker. You should have seen the others. And no My belly doesn't even look decent anymore. Its hanging between my thighs which makes it very difficult to walk, and instead of being round it has protruding knobs and the like. It about time to give birth I tell you.

Rebecca said...

I tell ya. I have no self-discpline whatsoever. I have given up the schooling bit until the new year...but I wonder what I will do when that is not an option any longer....

Love the timeline you created-that board is worth its weight in gold!!!

Abigail said...

Hey, I gave up until New Year's, too. She still does bits and pieces of math and phonics, but mostly her schooling of the last two weeks has been in the areas of culinary arts, arts and crafts, and interior design. Oh, and meteorology, because she follows the weather pretty closely.