12.13.2007

Sadly, I Have a Degree in English

After the following run-on sentence strung out in paragraph form, you'll find the pathetic collection of snapshots taken since the week before Thanksgiving. They're sparse and twiggy like Charlie's tree. Please embrace them with as much goodwill and lovingkindness as he did his twig.

I apologize for the lacking pictures of the entire first half of December. Though not documented, we did indeed live during this time, enjoying lots of moments and even whole days! December gave us a holiday cookie party that would have made Martha jealous, an adoption party to welcome a sweet girl into her earthly family and into the family of God, lots of ballerina-elves (yes, that's what the girls call themselves now), soggy mittens, hats pulled low, apple cheeks, cookie-making and snitching, icicle eating at the kitchen table, Perfect Porridge and other recipes made from this book, pink eggs, AND I MOPPED THE FLOOR FOR THE FIRST TIME IN...wait. I've never been one to spill my darkness or inner turmoil on a public blog. Never you mind how long it's been.

Mostly, though, the things done are only there to distract myself from things undone, which far outnumber the rest. Yet to do: ALL of the Christmas gift-making (I'll be lucky if I finish two. Or one.), Christmas gift shopping (for our L.I. Owens, you wonderful people who are so stinking hard to shop for!), truffle and candy making, learning to keep an even temper, ebay shipping (if all goes well, we'll have 40 packages to mail off next week. What in the world was I thinking?!?), Christmas card doodling and mailing (hopefully you'll get yours by February), and, yes, thank you for being too refined to ask about Millie's schooling and the state of the house apart from the sparkling kitchen floor.

Yes. Snapshots. Onward, ho!

2 comments :

alltheposts said...

So, about Millie's schooling....ahem, I mean Merry Christmas to all.

Abigail said...

HEY! No reminders of my failings allowed. Oh... Merry Christmas to you, too!