12.13.2007

Half-Dozen More

The week after Thanksgiving, I finally rousted myself outdoors to clear the garden before the next round of snow arrived. The second day that I spent hauling stones, the girls snagged wheelbarrow rides after each unloading. They also ate apples.





I'm partial to this one's apple-eating, so she gets two snapshots.



Annika was showing off the glow of her hair in the sunlight, but all one sees in the snapshot is her grimy face. (Still cute, though, eh?)



Then they made dozens of cookies that baked on stone slabs. A day and a half later, the still-baking cookies were buried in snow, but Millie said it's okay. A fairy gave her some magic, and she can command those cookies to bake as much or as little as she'd like without fear of them burning or being underdone. Since the snow hasn't melted since then, and we're due to get ten inches today, I think they'll have to bake until April.



And here's Annika at my sister-in-law Wendy's cookie party. Everything was perfect, from the decorations to the food, from the company to the cookies, and what did I take a picture of? Annika's bellybutton.

No comments :