5.14.2008

Listen Up, Buster!

I think I'll arrange for a unicorn visit immediately following Buster's birth.

A few days ago, Millie was tenderly cradling a baby doll in her arms. She proceeded to stuff the doll under her shirt to nurse her because, well, the doll was hungry. This, for some reason, made me think about diapers, and how newborns have a dozen dirty diapers a day. I shared the fact with Millie, who replied, "Oh, not my newborn! She only has one dirty diaper." I barged ahead in my lost cause by explaining that so many dirty diapers simply means the baby is healthy. Millie again had an answer. "Oh, my newborn is healthy, too!" She paused for a bit and then continued, "You see, right after she was born, a magic unicorn came to visit and made it so she only has one...or sometimes two...dirty diapers."

Something tells me that a boy wouldn't come up with such a lovely and convenient solution to stinky messes, but, hey, I'll take it.

The latest sonograms have shown little change in the placenta's placement, and the vessels are still stretched across. I talked to my doctor about pushing the c-section later to 38 weeks, which he was willing to do, given the smallish size of my babies who've been born a week and a half late. If there are no complications before then, and if God chooses not to move the troublemakers up and out of the way, then we've got just over a month before we meet Buster! Lord willing, however we meet our baby, all will go well. (Hope springs eternal. My due date is technically July 4th, and even as I sort through baby clothes, I'm still hoping for a natural delivery sometime in mid-July.)

1 comment :

sarah said...

i'm glad for the update...i get a bit antsy for some fabulous f-abigail news...still praying!!!