5.14.2008

Picnic-y

Before anyone congratulates me on thoughtful mothering for taking the girls parkward for a picnic, I should mention that it was Mildred's idea upon seeing their "picnic-y" outfits. This idea germinated during a morning filled with two weepy littles and my stir-crazy grumps, so when she sprang the idea, I knew it would be good to get out of the house. It was fun, too. Thanks, Millie, sweet!

The highlight of the picnic fare (which consisted of nothing more than what we eat at home) was the punch! We don't drink bright red elixir often, so understandably, it took center stage.







There were also bananas for gorillas who tote elephant backpacks,



rides on a tire,


and bugs and butterflies in abundance.



And all this while I sat on a quilt in the shade. I think we should go again today...

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Very good gorilla face!

heidiann(e) said...

oh, that toasting photo made me burst out laughing! what festivities!

Michelle P said...

I agree with Heidi--the toasting picture is great! ;)