5.14.2008

The Park! AGAIN!

Don't blame me. The weather's sublime, and there's no other place to go.

Though I call it sublime, threatening clouds did hang in the distance, so they begged to take their 'brellas.



The rain didn't arrive until after we came home, but umbrellas are useful for so much more. They used them for wind-sailing and sun-shading and other activities of which I was not sure.



From these next few snapshots, one could surmise that Susannah always plays alone. This is simply not true. (But she looks cute alone, hm?)








I think these two are pretty cute, too. (You all miss out, but Millie was preparing to launch herself over the pole to swing by her knees until her face flamed red.)






And here's the outcast again, so very alone.



She was actually watching these two. Millie was shouting, "SUMAC! SUMAC!" over and over again as she ran toward the trees, so I honored her excitement with a snack of sumac berries when we reached them.


6 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

it looks VERY fun.

Liana said...

it does indeed...
Although I'm certain you'd love to have a MALE "Buster" - it's so fun to see pics of the girls all playing together!

Laura said...

This looks like the perfect spring day.

So glad to have you back! (I was going through withdrawl)

Abigail said...

Liana,

We WOULD love to have a male Buster. We'd also love to have a FEMALE Buster! John and I truly aren't particular. And can't you just imagine four girls with their umbrellas?!?! :)

Griffen said...

These umbrellas were made to be photographed with gumboots, easter baskets and girls with long braids flying behind them.

Abigail said...

Funny...that's EXACTLY what the sign at the store said! It completely suckered me into buying them for birthdays, because I already had the boots, baskets, and braids (with girls attached).