8.16.2008

Manwaring Blood

John had to work, but the girls and I headed to the country for the annual reunion at my uncle's pond. I didn't take many pictures. Instead I filled my time with talking and swimming and eating...but mostly eating.

The annual frog/tadpole hunt commenced.






Millie recklessly bit into a lollipop and caused her first loose tooth! It wiggles! (This excited me almost as much as it did/does her.)



Susannah was making "happy cake" in these pictures, which is either cake that only happy people may eat, cake that makes grumpy people happy, or, most likely, a happy birthday cake.





One of the best parts of this year's reunion was the tractor tire tube. Oh, yeah, and my brother Luke who drove down from New Hampshire to float inside of it.



Nephew Ethan in the tube.



Brother Joel's head by the tube. (I'm telling you, the tube was a definite highlight.)



I wish I was swifter with the camera draw. Debbie was walking Susannah to the van, and I turned back to see them looking beautiful in the light. I only got two pictures, though, before they walked into the tree shadows.



See, they're beautiful.




3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are.

And a cake which only happy people may eat...hmm...I think we ought to make that one sometime. :-) Then again, the cake that makes grumpy people happy sounds good too. But of the three all we ever make is happy birthday cake.

Abigail said...

Ooh, I thought of another, so simple that I neglected it.

The cake itself is happy.

Full of Grace said...

I loved the bottom two pictures the best but alot can be said about clans of family :)