12.19.2008

Dress Codes Strictly Enforced

I knew it was going to be another stellar day of home education when I called the girls downstairs to begin school for the day, and Annie looked like this.


Scarf Lady warming herself by the heater didn't make me any more confident about the day's potential, either.


The next day found me hopeful, but with little reason. They walked down like this.


Mildred has almost finished half a year's worth of Saxon 2 in the last three weeks because, so far, it's simple review of Saxon 1 with only a few additions. It's great, because we can skip five problems for every one completed. It will be good to move on to the second half, which introduces new concepts, but I might miss these signs of Mildred's boredom.

Thanksgiving week, she turned the minute and hour hands on this problem into a turkey. (The beak is the hour hand.)


The first week of Advent, they evolved into a Christmas tree.

5 comments :

Liana said...

I love Mildred, though we've never met...
someday perhaps our children will be gracing the same dorm-halls and my daughter will come home & tell me about the Owens' girls...

Perhaps Norah will hang your daughter's dolls in nooces, too :) Oh, the fun to be had.

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I'm all for making school work and learning fun!

Michelle said...

I LOVE the turkey and Christmas tree! It is a lot better than what Matthew does-sigh and roll his eyes when he is bored... ;)

Rebecca said...

I for one LOVE the knee socks...

and those drawings are clever and creative too. But that doesn't surprise me. To think~ you wanted to introduce art to the girls when all along, they've been excelling at it with no help at all!

Abigail said...

Liana,
Norah can definitely do that as long as Mildred's allowed to be the most annoying floorling ever. :)

Michelle,
Millie does that. And whines. I hate the whining, but I think she learned it from me...