12.19.2008

The Propriety of Paper

Mildred sets the scene and dresses the bride, telling me that this baby is one that the bride adopted just today. (Sez she, "Of course it's her adopted baby because she's just now getting married!")


Annika lingers over the many wardrobe choices before choosing the most appropriate. She only asks me for advice once, wondering, "Should I dress him in the bathing suit for the wedding or the shorts?"


In the end, she prudently dressed him in the woman's bathing suit first before layering on the summer shorts outfit and, lasty, the dress overalls and two hats. "That way," she said, "he can come to the wedding and then take off his overalls and play on the lawn and then take off the shorts and swim in the ocean." When asked by a thick-skulled mother, she replied, "The tutu is for dancing." (I have the world's brightest children.)


The dog and cat must be the ushers.

2 comments :

Liana said...

out of the mouths of babes...
love it.

Full of Grace said...

I love the wedding ensemble, especially the boombox :)

Thanks for all the posts and pictures, my I have loved them!