7.22.2022

Second Evening


This time, when the rain stopped, and I saw the evening forecast had clear skies, I rushed around the house grabbing outfits for her. I met her downtown after she got off work at 7:30, and we chased light again, only this time in town. This old bridge is pretty sketchy and had some weird adults and loitering teens present when we arrived, but I chased them off with a big stick. (Actually, when we heard them cursing, we cowered and hid until they went away.)


We tried to hit all of the bridge prepositions in one evening.

Annika stands ON top of the bridge.


















Annika making fun OF her mother ON the bridge.









Annika's mother's foot slipping OFF of the bridge.









Annika hiding INSIDE of the bridge.







































Annika climbs TO a tiny island next TO the bridge.
















Annika stepping TOWARD the side of the bridge while her mother climbs ONTO the tiny island.













Annika slumps OVER the bridge in weariness.


















Annika stands UNDER the bridge.



















Annika climbs UP the stone wall that lies UNDER the bridge.
























Annika poses ON the wall.







And then we drove to the first street that still had open light and a bare spot for pictures, which happened to be the church right across from the hospital parking lot.

























I chose this spot with much thought, knowing that if Annika injured herself, it would be a matter of moments for me to carry her to the ER across the street.















I heavily edited these two last pictures to lighten them, because it was dark at this point, but I had to include them because this moment made me laugh so hard. I could barely see Annika, but she was still skateboarding when the sheriff drove up and stopped right next to her. Zoom up on her face. I don't know if it's visible, but she panicked slightly and then completely froze, envisioning the next day's headlines. GOOD COUNTRY GIRL FOUND SKATEBOARDING IN TOWN. SHERIFF SETS BAIL TODAY.






She was suddenly interested in something pressing to her left, though...a bird, a plane, a bat?!...and he ignored her completely.
Phew.








2 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

Supermodel!
She's gorgeous, and I love these too.

Abigail said...



She is the easiest in the world to photograph, broken camera and all.