7.29.2022

Sunbeam Here for A Year










Ransom's first birthday breakfast was nothing fancy, but he didn't seem to mind. 









Moses sensed that this innocent young thing had no idea what the candle was for, so he promptly blew it out for him.







Moses knew exactly what Ransom needed! When we re-lit the candle, Ransom just stared at it, so we had to help him blow it out a second time.















Speaking of Moses, I got to spend a lot of the day with him, and he helped me make Ransom's cakes. It was exhausting, as you can see.  And he barely squeaked into a pack-n-play for nap-time!















This picture is for Grandma Owen. All it takes is a few young girls to paint through half a book of paint-with-water in no time flat! They had a lot of fun with these. (Thank you!)

















And evening came again, with a sunbeam cake in the darkness. I decorated it hastily, but it suited this little baby who lights our days and nights. From the moment we knew of him, through that cold, dark spring and back into the season of waning light again, he has been a light and our joy.

































We love you, Baby-- gift unlooked for, little Sunbeam still.









2 comments :

Rebecca said...

GAH!!! Again- noticing Ransom's birthday outfit. Sheesh.

(BUT SO CUTE!)

I don't remember this day or how it came about but I suspect it may have been during that time when I was visiting my Mom in Rochester and my whole life was one big, fuzzy haze.

That you took my crew on top of birthday fun (but work!), sigh- and I oblivious to the world...

What a good friend you are.

What a sweet cake!

What a sunshiney boy!

What a slim Moses!

And, because it bears repeating, what an adorable romper. ;-)

Abigail said...


It was our great pleasure, truly!