7.28.2005

1/2 Hearted Catch-up (Sans Mayo)

Groan. And I don't even like most puns...

John's been carting the computer off to work with him, but when the work week is over, maybe I'll pile the rest of vacation snapshots on. Be brave and strong, my scant viewers, this trial of vacation archiving shall soon pass...

Not having the computer here during the day is also, incidentally, my valid excuse for not emailing those of you to whom I've long owed words. I just don't have enough verve to do so at night when he and it are home. Soon, soon, or not so soon, those words will speed their way to you(se).

We saw moving pictures of Baby Blueberry Apple (variations permitted) after supper tonight.
!
I had an early sonogram to ensure that this pregnancy wasn't another ectopic, even though my Very Large Belly had already given ample assurance that all was well. Baby Berry, a dancing bit of gray in a sea of black. God is good. (Side note: Annie wasn't too impressed with our new baby, but Millie said, "I think we should have a boy" followed by, "I think we should name him Millie." She may have failed in mouse-naming, but, by honkers, she'll succeed with somebody!)

I read four books in three days and have now started three more all at once. I'm never that successful at reading books in tandem, though, so I'll probably let two slip by the wayside. After this spurt, I'll have a dearth of reading for a while. Another something I fail at is balanced reading. It's either torrential downpour or drought with me, it seems. (But, then, I always have been a bit unbalanced.)

Our garden stretches skyward and sprawls with long arms outward. A few of the tomato plants have upper branches that reach my face, and I'm 5' 8''. Gardens give good food for midnight snacks.

Millie has a new tip for all you starving artists who happen here. Stiff and unwieldy paintbrushes? Keep your brushes soft and supple by substituting butter for paint. (For best results, express your creativity on the refrigerator, laundry basket, and table before a growling mother catches you. And what was this mother doing before she started to growl, you ask? Reading in a torrential downpour, of course. See, she's completely unbalanced.)

Two fun yesterday adventures: The girls and I caught a free children's movie at the movie theater. (A movie even at home is a rarity, and Millie especially enjoyed it.) Then last night, John took us to the library to return dozens of books in order to take out dozens more, and we happened upon 13 clowns. Yes, that's right-- 13 clowns in full regalia. Out of the goodness of their shiny, plastic hearts, they entertained us and scores of children, even including a whipped-cream-pie-in-the-face at no extra charge.

Blahbideebloo. Sick of glaring electronic screen. Boring girl tonight. Time for reading before bed. Oh, yes, bed.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments :