4.07.2011

We Munch the Whole Grain First

Every Monday, my parents drop off a truckload of carbohydrates for us-- bread, rolls, muffins, doughnuts, and sundry goods from a local store's bakery. It's perfectly good (usually not good-for-you) food that is nearing its sell-by date and would otherwise be thrown in a dumpster, so we eat some of it instead. I give this preamble to explain why Luci found an empty powdered donut container one day. To my credit, I had virtuously dumped the donuts in the animal compost bowl and not in my belly. (If, however, they'd been Bavarian creme donuts like they are some weeks, I wouldn't be telling you anything...)

Oh, Sugar Head.
You were so happy.



She hatched plots for more sugar consumption.



She tried to relax my guard by cuddling close.




And then, with her crooked grin, she lunged for the camera. I believe she mistakenly thought it was a donut.


1 comment :

Molly said...

Oh, how I adore these posts and pictures! I bet Lucy was elated by the discovery and the sugar:-) What a sweet pea she is!