8.30.2013

Benjamin and Zelumah Family Reunion 2013

A smaller group showed up this year for the 112th consecutive annual family reunion than for last year's eleventy-first, but we enjoyed the day, regardless. One hundred and twelve! I think that's pretty impressive. We all come for the pool, but the playground's not too shabby.






That woman on the bouncy-totter is sixty-six years old, and she's my Mopsy.  Sixty-six!  I think that's pretty impressive.  (And I want to have her spirit if I ever make it to sixty-six.)


 


Yup, she's swinging, too, even though she didn't reach Annika's heights.







 Deb coddled Zeke so I could swing and slide and hunker down in the shade of the tube.


I also took pictures.











After snapping Millie looking into the horizon from the crow's nest, 





I thought of this.  It was a different town and a different playground, but some things don't change, even with eight years stretched in between.  





The highlight of the day, apart from the aforementioned pool, was a surprise appearance by Pete, who ferried Haven and Augustine northward on the spur of the moment. The girls shrieked when they saw them, and the day was made.



 



All the children received goody bags, and Haven even won a prize, which clearly impressed Millie and Annika.







Oh, yeah.  Did I mention we got to swim in the pool?




 



 



Yours truly even jumped off the diving board three times, because it was there, and I had willing serfs to hold Ezekiel.  Here's to the one hundred and thirteenth!







3 comments :

Molly said...

Good times, Abigail! I love those pictures of your gorgeous children. A reunion that has lasted 112 years beginning in 1901. That is amazing and I am glad you are all still holding fast to this fine tradition.

Much love!

Rebecca said...

Your mom is great.

So are these pictures!

I loved the then-n-now picture of Millie. I remember her windblown baby days.

heidiann(e) said...

Your family is great.
Here's to 112 reunions more!