3.03.2014

Eight Just Doesn't Seem Right




(She wanted the dangerous honor of lighting her own candle this year.)







How can it be that this lively little Bird flew into John's panicked arms eight years ago?  Eight?!!







Yup.  It's eight, alright.






And she has the monster cake to prove it.  (Non-edible stuffed monster snapshot to come someday...when I finish it.)





 The children and I were downtown for most of the day on Susie's big day, thanks to Zeke's penchant for climbing and falling from great heights, so time seemed short by the time we arrived home.  We crammed in enough celebrating to last a whole day, though, with THREE birthday meals, birthday spankings, singing, and a bright red wig, to boot.






Happy birthday, Susannah Wren!  Rest safe in the shadow of His wings, girl of ours.
We love you! (Cuckoo.)





*Bonus anecdote:
Last week, John brought home supper and SODA for us as a surprise.  In her excitement, Susie accidentally called the soda "Goat Fruit" soda, and from now on-- in this household, at least-- the word "grapefruit" is obsolete.

3 comments :

Rebecca said...

That IS hard to believe...eight years old. I always think of Annie being closer to Andrew's age than Susie.

Susie has always been Sweet Little Susie. I suppose she must now be considered just Sweet Susie.

Happy Birthday!

(LOVE the monster cake. You make to coolest monsters!)

Molly said...

Happy Birthday, Susie! Your celebrations are full of joy and I love the cake.

I will also think differently about grapefruit from now on. ;-)

Much love!

Abigail said...

R.,
I know! Matt never believes me when I mention Susannah and Andrew's similar age because he always assumes it's Annie and Andrew who are the same age. That's what I get for having a shorty-pants for a daughter. (I think I'll keep her, though, and I like her short.)