3.03.2014

Hail the Conquering Hero

I am a little bit sorry I can't cull any of these pictures to make your life easier.




Actually, I'm not at all sorry, because they make me laugh.

Here is a progression of pictures I took documenting the mighty struggle between Lucinda and Her Soup.  The soup in question is a curried vegetarian red lentil soup that she gobbled up the first time around.








Clearly, however, she thought the quality of Her Soup in leftover form was dubious, at best, deadly, at worst.












I told her I was going to hang the laundry, and that she needed to eat it if she wanted any leftover birthday ice cream.

She wanted birthday ice cream.

Tears.





BUT!  Not five minutes later, with soupy remains smeared round the corners of her mouth, she bounded in with a conqueror's grin.   Ice cream prevails.



7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ha! I especially like the one of Luci's be-fuzzied feet on top of the table.

- Debbie

Titi said...

I think if you had culled any of them, they would have lost their great effect of culmination! :)

Rebecca said...

A triumphant story in pictures.

Molly said...

This is so funny! I love how she uses her pj feet to show she clearly wants distance between her and the soup. Alas, a girl after my own heart - I'll eat anything to get birthday ice cream!

Much love!

Renata said...

Love this series of pictures! I have one who would gag on his soup and your daughters expression reminds me of the times we would sit through a session of making him eat it. He now has no problems. Sadly he doesn't like icecream either ( I did ask myself if maybe they got him mixed up at birth as I couldn't believe any of my children doesn't like icecream. His resemblance to his identical twin brother blew that theory).
Have a lovely day
Renata:)

Renata said...

P.S. Please disregard the poor punctuation in the last comment :)

Abigail said...

The fuzzy-feet snapshot is my favorite, too!

And, Renata, I'd get that boy of yours checked out. Something is CLEARLY wrong with his system! :) (Or maybe it's the rest of us who have faulty tastes?)