3.24.2014

Haute Couture Syrup

Sorry.  I didn't intend such a dramatic picture of this season's first syrup; I just love its golden glow in the morning.







It's almost too pretty to use.  (Note: almost.)

Snow falls in swirls of gray and white right now, capping off another cold week.  A few years back, I had to plug the trees and end the season due to the heat before now, but so far, this season has been slow and easy.  With hardly anything to gather or boil down yet, my large self is not complaining.  I'll just stare at these until the maples give us more.



3 comments :

Titi said...

Utterly beautiful. Thank you for sharing. It warms me up to look at them.

Abigail said...

You're welcome. It's snowing. Keep looking at the syrup!

Rebecca said...

Any chance you could bring one of those to church on Sunday so I could see just how thick yours looks as it swirls in the glass?

Mine still seem very thin even though I have ACTUALLY boiled it to the proper temp this time.

I'd love to be able to compare to know what exactly I am looking for.

(Beautiful picture!)