1.07.2015

Leftovers

This is the quilt my Mom made for Haven's tenth birthday. She bound it together in our library, and I thought it was too lovely to leave alone.


 




 I don't know who took this picture of Piper, but I like it.






 The next-to-last onion harvest waiting to be spread on the bench.  I love this picture because of all those rowdy children, including Zeke riding his truck in the corner.






I love this picture, too.  It's a great representation of some of mine and Mildred's interactions.  The backstory is that she decided to crochet her Alaskan boy cousins some mittens but began without checking the suggested yarn gauge.  The result was a frustrated girl, an unsympathetic mother, and the barest beginning of mittens large enough to fit Goliath inside.  (John told her that in the future, she shouldn't get her crochet patterns from gianthands.com.)  (And, yes, that's just the mitten's cuff, and, yes, I'm still laughing as I post this.)






Annika loves to run.  She can run 7 miles on hilly, country roads with John, no problem, and had a lot of fun this summer doing just that.  I didn't even think about proper footwear until she brought me her only pair of sneakers and asked if I could glue them for her.  The bottoms and toes were wearing through, too!  I found an upgrade in sneaker quality and size in our storage bins, and she thought I was the Best Mother Ever.  (She didn't even wonder why I hadn't noticed their sorry state to begin with...)




3 comments :

Renata said...

The quilt is gorgeous! What lovely colours.
The mittens.....I'm so sorry, but I'm giggling. I've made enough mistakes myself to completely understand though:). I admire her for attempting these!
Blessings
Renata:)

Abigail said...

Yeah, she was not very happy with my giggles, but it's hard not to laugh at those monsters. :)

Rebecca said...

That quilt. Wow.