1.13.2015

Quoth the Abby, Nevermore

This picture is so beautiful to me.

Yes, this one.

It shows the Very Last Pieces of Yellow Foam Creatures EVER being sucked off the rug into the vacuum cleaner.




Remember this couch?  I've been patching that scratchy thing together for the last eight years.  Every last cushion had rips and holes, I vacuumed the stuffing off the ground daily, and my desire to patch had sunk into the lethargy of "why even bother?" when Dude and Mom Owen passed along two couches they'd had in their basement for the last couple of years.






They asked if we'd be interested, and I tried to sound casual when I said we'd take the couches off their hands, you know, to help THEM out, but the desperation and YIPPPEEEEEEEEE! must have crept through, too.  They delivered the second couch during their early October visit, and I found a note in Dude's handwriting taped to the mirror one morning when I woke up.  Apparently a few of the Yellow Foam Creatures had tried to sneak back into the house.  They were taped to the note with the words, "Your friends are looking for and missing you!"

To which I reply, "Good riddance!"
AND a giant "Thank you!" to our kind Owen folks!

No comments :