1.07.2015

Nearly the Last Harvest of 2014




The last of the beets, peppers, corn, and onions warranted a picture. As did the first of the squash and the burgeoning September BROCCOLI.  Rebecca, knowing this summer's history, you can appreciate that the second round of decimated plants came back to life and gave us some lovely heads in mid-November.


 


   


 


 I covered it with straw before winter, so here's hoping our new strawberry bed makes it!  (Thanks to Dude and Nick for plants and to my dad for driving the manure up the hill...)





3 comments :

Renata said...

How I love your gardening pictures and what wonderful harvest pictures you have. Such a bountiful blessing!! I appreciate the amount of work you must put in to reap this reward though!
You encourage me in my gardening attempts!
Blessings
Renata:)

Abigail said...

I always appreciate your comments about our garden bounty, particularly the way they remind me of the ease in which I can garden in this climate. It seems like such a big job at times, but you give me the much-needed perspective of just how good I have it! The fruits of your garden labor seem more hard-won, especially in the area of precipitation!

Rebecca said...

Green!

What a lovely color!

I am afraid for my strawberry patch- I don't think it will survive the winter as I never got a good hay cover on it- and this winter has been so beyond freezing that I doubt very much it those strawberries have any chance at all.

Sigh.