8.14.2019

Easter 2019 (Non-Grandparents May Skip This Post)


It contains so many snapshots that if you quickly scroll through them, it'll seem like a real-time moving picture of the entire day.











Once we peeled Skylark's chocolate surprise egg for her, she was MUCH more interested in eating it.





This year, instead of making the regular cinnamon buns, I made lemon-glazed lemony buns with lemon-sugar filling. They were divine, and I think they're my new Easter morning sweet roll.




Here's the yearly picture right after we arrived back from church. Aidan had already lost his shoes and his sailor-tie, but we're all glad he didn't lose his Popeye impersonation.










Bunny chocolate pops leftover from breakfast...
I know how to nourish my children properly.

















This was Tadhg's first Easter as a walking baby! We put a miserly amount of candy in a basket for him, and he was off. Not quite sure where he was off to, but he was enjoying the process!













He wasn't too impressed by this thing everyone was making such a fuss over.





He'll learn. :)




Skylark was next and was similarly uninterested in everyone's attempts to force her toward her basket.








BUT!












She was especially impressed by the Kinder egg.









Cadence needed a guide through the wild bush.







Or two.



She didn't have the slightest idea where she should seek her basket.






Thank goodness for big brothers.










I make the children wait in the bathroom while I'm hiding baskets.

Aidan tried to cheat.










His was pretty easy to find, anyway. By this point, I was ready to go take a nap.










I took these pictures when Zeke discovered his basket, then I wandered away for a few minutes, figuring he'd call me when he needed a hand getting it down.










That's why I have no idea how he got the thing by himself, little monkey.





Piper and Luci looked for theirs simultaneously.









And found them, though not as quickly as Lucinda had hoped.













I was nearly asleep on my feet by the time we reached the oldest three girls' baskets, so I took the lazy girl's route.


There, on the peak of the roof, all three sit in a tidy row.





It was a mad scramble to see who would reach them first.



Millie was hampered by a narrow skirt, so Annika triumphantly won, while Susannah sauntered along behind them both.













And that's that!  All the frills and none of the substance, but that's what you get four months after the fact.




No comments :