9.18.2019

Give Me All the Cutting Boards, Please


I saw a cutting board a couple of years ago at a rummage sale that caught my eye. Twenty-five cents for a thick-cut, maple* cutting board?





Yes, please. It was stained and had a burn mark, but the burn mark reminded me of a crescent moon, and I knew it needed a rabbit jumping over it.





It might have taken me two years to actually sand it down and decorate it, but I did it!
And it's my favorite. Also, I've only ever burned on chemically-coated bamboo, because they are the least expensive boards to buy, but the experience is often tedious and frustrating. I found this board a dream. I felt like I was slicing through soft butter.

Give me all the natural cutting boards, please. I will borrow them and return them with decorations. For real. (But, for now, at least, this one's mine.)




* Thanks for the i.d., Matt.  Even though you probably won't ever see this, credit where credit is due.



No comments :