4.18.2020

A Super-Duper Long Post for My Children (All Others May Skip to the Snapshot of Tadhg Swallowing His Cadbury Egg Whole)


Another year; another long afternoon of basket-hiding.

Skylark first.
She walked straight to the compost heap. Oddly enough, I had not hidden her basket there.






I post this picture to showcase manly Aidan. Every girl needs a good man to help hunt for baskets. Note the impressive stance. He's the guy!











Mom had to call Lark over and actually point to the basket before she discovered it, but, hey, all's well that ends well!

















The daintiest Cadence was next, tripping tiptoed over the lawn.










 Her luck was no better than Skylark's. As obvious as that pink basket is to all of us, it might as well have been hidden in the Artic Circle for all she could see it.









After I gave a few obvious hints, though, she triumphed, too.









Tadhg was supposed to be next. 
Nope.
Not interested.







On to Pippin!

















I missed the moment when Tadhg found his basket (it was rapid), but I arrived just in time to enjoy him eating the Cadbury Creme Egg Deborah had tucked into his basket.










 His form is flawless.























On to Aidan! Short and sweet.









Whoah. Good hiding job, Abby. Basket No. 1 topples to the ground (with more to go).




 Dapper Zeke on the hunt.





Ready for takeoff...




Zooooom. 












Lucinda looked lovely in blue (her third Easter dress of the day, as well) and strolled around the yard.













Success!





Pip was so busy tugging these two around that she didn't look up and notice she was passing right under her basket!









She found it the second time around, though (while wearing Easter Dress #2)!






 I did the shoddiest possible job of hiding the oldest three girls' baskets, and Annika's laughing here because 20 seconds after coming outside, Susannah spied all three of them.






 I hid hers precariously enough to cause it to topple over, also. Upended basket #2.




Sorry, dear.






Oh, look! Here are Annika and Aidan with About-to-be-Upended Basket #3!






Sorry, again.




Millie found  a puppy before she found her basket, which I had skillfully hidden inside of a garbage can. (Really, have pity on me. By the time I hide the ninth basket, I'm done and ready for a nap.)





But I couldn't take a nap. Millie's desserts were waiting! Necessary things first.
Plus, Deborah brought chocolate peanut butter cake.

The nap could wait.







3 comments :

Rebecca said...

Your Easter looked lovely- and delicious. I have to say, as much as I love watching the basket drop on Aidan's head and seeing that beautiful picture of Millie with a pooch, the star of this post is your mother- she is lovely. The very epitome of it.

Abigail said...

I didn't even take a picture of the food table. All we need is the dessert, anyway! ;)

Yup. She's a great lady. No argument there!

Rebecca said...

I didn't miss the food picture- because you gave me the DESSERT picture and THAT is all I ever really need anyway.