4.18.2020

Your Puppy Fix for the First Half of April



Yay! Puppies! Yay!






























 (After a mud bath and then a real bath.)











My apologies. I have a few non-puppy snapshots mixed in.



















(Teaser picture of the world's best chocolate delivery. I am going to take a picture of every last kind!)





(Puppy delivery. I preferred the chocolate delivery, myself.)
















(*Millie's)




















Millie took pictures of new life springing a few days ago, and then this morning I stepped outside to say goodbye to the frozen forsythia that had just begun to blossom and to take pictures of too much snow for my liking. It's snowed three times in one week, and I'm ready for spring to rush in and take our breath away. It's normal spring fever, the increased yearning for green and growth after we've had a surfeit of softer browns and grays, but it's compounded by the unique lockdown we're all under, which makes one wait even more intently for what is soon bound to come.

Our world feels like a strange limbo land these days, but each era has an end. Sooner rather than later, Lord willing, we'll be on the other side and looking back, thankful for clarity we've been given and glad for the future.

11 comments :

Justin said...

Thanks for always finding the time in your crazy life to share so many wonderful photos. It's always a happy day when I find Shotsnaps has deluge of new posts.

Also, I think I'm among the minority that still found the snowfall beautiful despite the fact that it ought to be spring.. I went for a walk during the night of the snowfall and another in the morning, and both were very beautiful in different ways.

Farmgirl said...

OH OH OH, thank you for updating the joyous pictures!

Abigail said...

Justin,
Thanks for finding the time to let me know people other than my children enjoy these pictures! 😉
I can't deny the snowfall was all hushed and beautiful. When we woke up to a snow-covered landscape AGAIN yesterday morning, though, without thinking I murmered the words, "Please stop" to the world outside. Then I realized my habit of talking to the natural world is not going to speed up anything, so I may as well relax.

Michelle,
Enjoy them! By Tuesday, they'll all be gone. Sob. I am already feeling sad and sentimental.

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how cute those puppies are.


I mean...


I WANT THEM.

ALL OF THEM.

Also- that FIRST picture! ack!

Abigail said...


Well, if it was a week ago, I would have definitely jumped on that careless statement and dropped off the Olivia puppy! Unfortunately, someone from Massachusetts is picking her up next week. :(

Something tells me Matt might not have appreciated a secret puppy drop-off, though. Just maybe.

Full of Grace said...

Those puppies are stinking adorable- are you keeping the dark colored one?? I hope..millie seems so connected in the photos you've posted 💚 but they are all adorable 😊

Farmgirl said...

Pssst... my sister in law wants to chat about puppies.... can we connect? mermac8668@gmail me?

Abigail said...

Alas! The last, lone puppy is being picked up tomorrow morning. :( We were swamped with interested buyers immediately after I posted the ad. Otherwise, I'd be thrilled to send one to your neck of the woods!

Abigail said...

Elizabeth,
Two dogs is our current limit, so that little pup went to his new home on Tuesday. We love him, though! He was probably the smartest and most mischievous of them all, but he was super-cuddly, too. He went to a wonderful family who live on a small hobby farm about an hour away, though, and we're pretty happy he'll be spoiled and have room to run.

sarah said...

Puppies are wonderful! We've had hopes to breed our Jack Russell, but we cant find. suitable mate...I'm not really sure I want to deal with puppies, also.
I have been successfully living through our Maine winters, but when May 9th brought a foot of snow, I was very offended.
Now it's green and lovely. And this is the situation that makes me so thankful for my group of kids!

Abigail said...

A foot. Gah! Even for me, that would be total overkill. I don't know how you are keeping your sunny, California temperament transplanted to such a cold (albeit beautiful) land, but keep keeping it! :)

Yeah, quarantine has been lovely at times, given the fact that we have such good company!