10.04.2005

..........The Stark Raving Mad Mouse .................. ..........(or Ignatz the Brave's Escape)..........

Our Mouse has gone batty. (But at least he's keeping within mammalian lines.) He thinks he's the Great Mousini, Escape Artist.

This morning, John roused me from a sound sleep with a "HEY! COME HERE!" I hey'd; I came here'd, and I saw John crouched next to the bookshelf, trying to coax Ignatz out of hiding.

After John left, Mouse escaped no fewer than 6 times (4 times from his cage and 2 times from an exercise ball designed expressly to enclose mice). After the last escape, during which he roamed the apartment unseen for about half an hour, I put him in the bathtub.

For those who've never set foot in our apartment, let it be known that it is very, very small and very, very stuffed. If he hadn't been foolish enough to lounge nonchalantly outside the bathroom door, he could have roamed for years without us finding him.

Before John left, he told Ignatz that he'd banish him outside if he escaped one more time. Well, he escaped 6 times, so I suppose he didn't exactly disobey. Still....
______________________________________________________

Great Mousini here... Must be quick. I've just escaped from the bathtub. Someone- ANYONE- rescue me! Gone mad...pshaw! She "neglected" to mention that my cage is only cleaned sporadically, water and food are less fresh than fresh, and two little girls leer into my cage and giggle, "Mouse! Hee, Hee! Mouse!" I've had it. Up to here! If none of you are plucky enough to save my skin, at least hope with me that I be banished outdoors. Oh, glorious freedom!

2 comments :

Unknown said...

LOL.

Does Mousini have an unidentified special gap in his cage, or is he just extremely flexible?

(perhaps both).

Abigail said...

Yep, it's both! I fixed the gap after the third escape, and then his double joints helped him for the fourth, fifth, and sixth escapes. While the cage was in the bathtub, I watched him wriggle in between bars like he was butter, so John broke down and bought him a mansion. I'll post a snapshot of him lounging in his new digs sometime.