10.28.2005

This Footstep's Crunch is Not from Leaves

Here's a new post to inform anyone checking for a new post that I won't post a new post (apart from this new post to inform about new posts) until next week. Wot?

John the computer-napper is due for a strike in about 20 minutes, and the house will be laptop-free for most of the weekend.

Pressing news of Depew?
I don't know if I've told Blogdom, but our apartment building has been for sale for several months now. The realtor called yesterday to let me know that he'd like to drop by for tea again tomorrow afternoon. Yep, you all know what that means.

I must squeech and squish the kitchen floor to unveil its blinding glory and scrub the tub until I faint from fumes.

Sigh. Hope you all enjoy your weekend. The girls and I will spend tomorrow morning cleaning before skipping off down the street to hide from the realtor and potential buyer. (The realtor seems like a nice man and has never been anything but graciously polite, but when he and The Potential Buyer walk into the bedroom, I always feel like I should defend the rightness of four of us- with attendant books and much stuff- living in this smallish space.)

We're happy! We're a family! By gum, we like this little apartment!
And, yes, I'm pregnant! What's it to you?!

I never have the nerve to even stay in the house, though.
So much for that.

4 comments :

Matt said...

Where's that patriarch of your's when you need him!?
You should demand this potential buyer to pay YOU to stay there.

Abigail said...

My beloved household head was diligently working on schoolwork for the good of our family (and I write that in all sincerity).

We don't need to be paid to live here...didn't you read my "By gum, we like this little apartment!" comment? (That was also written in all sincerity.)

I must say, though, any benevolent offers to pay us for our happy life in this apartment will be quickly processed and accepted.

Matt said...

As you may well know, my stab was at the bearded half of this blog.

I got quite a smirke when I read your 'by gum' remark. For it's sincerty (indeed) and honesty. I'm not so sure I've ever seen that written. (maybe that says too much about me?)

Rebecca said...

Hope all is well. Been missing you. Not sure when you will be coming out if that is even definite (for Thanksgiving, that is) but I hope that we can get at least have one opportunity to visit during that time.

BTW-I am now the proud owner of one of N.J's beautiful dresses. I couldn't pass it up at Rebecca's show-and thankfully, was able to bridle myself in before I bought all of her stuff! She does such beautiful work-and practically gives it away. Is it wrong to covet your mother?!?! She knows SO much-and it is all stuff I want to know! Man-I wish I was like her! :-)

Hope all is well.......hopefully, we will see each other soon! Rebecca