9.12.2006

Just In Case You Like the Same.

I'm sleepy in the sun and full of chocolate cake.
That sister next door supplies a steady stream of treats.

I spent most of Friday making truffles, cookies, and a cheesecake before leaving for Heidi's wedding-eve party. Because others were delayed, I arrived an hour before anyone else did, which gave me time to meet and enjoy conversation with Paul and Fran, sit on the freshly strewn hay with Susannah, and set up sweets and a fancy punch bowl inside the 26-foot tipi in which the shower was to be held. Dark fell before anyone showed up, and, still a bit frazzled from a too-busy day, I breathed deeply the sweet smell of hay and relished the silence. The shower was fun, and it was so good to laugh, converse, and eat with people of whom I've seen so little since graduation.

The next day was beautiful. Heidi was a stunning bride, and Phil a handsome husband. I only took about five pictures, so take my word as truth. The day was wrapped around a whirl of people I haven't seen in several years and running, barefoot girls. Three children, five hours past naps and their nearly boundless energy spent, fell asleep on the ride home, which gave John and I simple, savored time as two.

We look forward to visiting Heidiann(e) Bardy (King) and her Squirrel in their yurt after their mountain honeymooning ends and before winter hits. (John, wanting for five years now to live in a yurt, has the scent. Who knew that Ithaca was full of yurts for sale?)

Introducing the last of the backlog, some remnants of August, and even a few from July. Be sure to click on the September archives if you wish to see them all. (But only if.) The chains are loosed. I'm free!

1 comment :

heidiann(e) said...

we're bad for being late. you are wonderful for making truffles and goodies. i had such a wonderful time.