9.13.2006

My Blog.

A receptacle of the ridiculous.
A memorial to the mundane.
__________________________________________________________________

I am tired. Annika was awake in the middle of the night, emptying her stomach all over herself, the bed, and the bathroom. I felt especially bad for her because she's still young enough that she doesn't remember the last time this happened. The uncertainty of what's happening to one's body makes an unpleasant event even more unpleasant. My Heart offered to go to the laundromat after work, for which I am thankful.
_________________________________________________________________
Rebecca, for your thrice-asked question, here are three irrefutable answers.

one.

two.

three.

It's just one of the perks of feeding one's baby by God's design. (And don't worry, I've still got the pooch. I grudgingly admit my vanity in sucking in my stomach for the camera.)
__________________________________________________________________

The recipes for fruit pizza and for sweet squash pickles are now on buildabelly, along with one for soft pretzels, which I'll make as soon as the girls fall asleep.
__________________________________________________________________

If there are spendthrifts out there ready to waste some minutes, here's a fun place to visit. (Here's one of my favorites.)
__________________________________________________________________

THE END.

5 comments :

Rebecca said...

Hmmm-one of the 'perks' for feeding one's baby by God's design for ME is ADDING weight in places I don't NEED weight added. Not LOSING it!

Slightly related: I just found a recipe in a cookbook I borrowed from the library for soft pretzels. I thought I would make them this weekend. Have our own little "Only Four" party.

Thanks for the recipes and I do hope Annika is feeling better. It IS so sad when they are so young and they do not know what is going on.

rlbuckwalter said...

Abigail,
Thanks for visiting my blog! Just wanted to say your blog is wonderful--both blogs, actually. I love hearing all the stories about the girls, seeing the many beautiful pictures, and of course the recipes. Food, glorious food. My list of blogs to check has grown significantly since attending the wedding and my life is richer for it. :)

Kelly said...

Poor Ani....I hope her little self is feeling better!

Grace said...

Oh no...poor girl.

Abigail said...

We appreciate your symphathy! Annie's illness was only a nightlong one, for which I rejoice. (I've been lollygagging all week, and sleepless nights don't help.)

Rebecca,
I've never had the problem you mention in the place you mention...and doncha know some girls pay money to have that "problem"?!?

R., Mennogourmet Queen,
Make sure you guys keep those recipes coming! Your blog is delightful, and I'm so glad you came to the wedding.