9.29.2006

"With You, It's Always Feast or Famine," She Says.

ANECDOTES. HUMOR ME.
______________________________________________

As a stay-at-homer, I'm privy to all of their circular conversations...

Millie, speaking with the bartering tones of a gypsy: Annie, if you give me twenty-one packs of bubblegum, I'll give you a piece of gold.

Annika: Um. Otay. 'Ere is dum bubbledum. (Extends a fist clenching 21 packs of invisible gum.)

Millie: No, Annika, I mean real gum when you can grow up and buy some. Then I'll give you a piece of gold.

Annika: Oh! 'Ere is da bubbledum onna floor! (Points to 21 packs of invisible gum stacked on the rug.)

Suffice it to say, Millie didn't make the trade.
__________________________________________________

Annie: Winter iz 'ere. Winter will be tummin' soon.

Millie: Yes, child, in several more years.
___________________________________________________

Backdrop: I helped Annika into heart jammies that Mildred has outgrown.

Millie: I want my heart jammies.
Me: They are too small for you now.
Millie: Yeeeeah, because I am sooooooo FAT! (Declared with much emphasis in grinning pride.) My feet are even bigger than Tandida's!
__________________________________________________

While in the bedroom, I hear Annika slip and clunk in the tub. (She was supposed to be using the bathroom.)

Annie, comes whimpering to me: I fell inna bathtub.
Me: What were you doing in the bathtub?
Annie: Um. Fallin' inna bathtub...
________________________________________________

While at my mom's, Debbie was doing math homework while Millie sat beside her. Debbie was reading the problems out loud.

Millie: Firty feet? Whoah! Firty feet is a lot of feet! If an octopus had firty feet he would be taller than a tree.

Hopefully Debbie didn't write that answer down on her paper. (That would be cheating.)
_______________________________________________

Overheard a few days ago...

Millie: No, our mother is dead. We can make blueberry lime sandwiches now because our mother is dead. (Then explaining to attentive Annika.) Our mother said we were big enough to make them.........(a thinking pause).........
back when she was almost dead.

______________________________________________

And, lastly, the latest surefire way to know that the Nixie is engaging in a filthy habit. Out of the blue, sometimes even coming in from another room, she will seriously announce to me, "Me not pickin' my nose, Mama. Me not pickin' my nose."

If only we were all so unknowingly forthright about our vices.

5 comments :

Michelle said...

Kids say the most endearing things! I don't know what I would do without them. :)

sarah said...

Josh met some very forthcoming criminals in his day as a police officer....once he pulled over a mna who said, "Thank you, ocifer. I am drunk! I could have kilt someone, ocifer. Thank you!"

He can tell it better.

barefootkangaroo said...

A most thoroughly enjoyable post!

heidiann(e) said...

it was SO
SO
WONDERFUL
seeing all of you yesterday.
it left us both hungry for more of your company.
soon!

Abigail said...

Sarah,
I keep laughing and laughing at that one. Yours is a comment that needs to be read aloud over and over, and I am...

Bird & Beast,
Likewise! We enjoyed the two of you so very much, and it is good to know that your yurt's not properly placed in Mongolia. We can't wait to see you there. (And may I say once again that the Squirrel grows on one like moss on a shade-placed tree? I am glad that you two found one another.)