9.07.2013

And Then There's This Schoolhouse, See

...which, granted, is only a schoolhouse, but it's for sale, and I can peek over Pete and Sarah's hedge and see it next door, plus it has ceilings even taller than theirs, and its interior hides a blackboard stretching 40 feet across a wall, and it had a fire escape that featured a slide on which one could whoosh to safety in the event of a fire.

I love older houses-- their architecture, their mysterious, little crannies, their jaw-droppingly high ceilings.  I hope someone comes along, pours a few pennies and love into the place, and fills it to the brim with children.

Can you tell I was taken with it?  Right before we left, I ran over and snapped a few pictures, so you can be taken with it, too.






















4 comments :

Titi said...

Pictures of old architecture is like Middle Earth, bittersweet and melancholy because it is so wonderful and passing away.

Molly said...

I hope someone gives it the care and love it so deserves. Imagine all of the eager and bright-eyed children that walked those hallways. I wish I had the funds to save it.

Much love!

heidiann(e) said...

Let's all go in together and claim it by squatter's rights & fill it with children!

Abigail said...

Titi,
Hit the nail. On its head.

Molly,
Me, too!

Heidi,
Yes, let's! (I wish such things were possible without disturbing the good we've both got here, though. We need a parallel universe so we can do both!)