9.07.2013

You Can Skip This Unless You're Debbie

...because it's chock full of similar snapshots. I know you would have enjoyed the show had you been here, though, Deb, so I won't skimp. (Don't the rest of you appreciate how I use my sister as a cover for compulsive over-posting?  Works like a charm.)


 The girls like circuses. They like curckuses even more, and a few times a year one comes to town, for the most part unheralded.  A couple of weeks ago, I was trotting down the driveway for an evening run, and Millie rushed after me with the announcement that while I was gone, the girls were going to build a curckus from the ground up.   I found that it takes under an hour, 'cause when I returned, they immediately ushered me to my seat, informing me that mine was "the green satin seat."  Phew.  I was secretly relieved that they saved the lace & clothespin one for John.






 I'll briefly introduce each act, in the order in which they appeared.

Luci & Ducky jump through hoops.





Luci & Ducky walk the tightrope-hoop; Luci and Ducky misstep and plunge through the air!





Annika rounds up Lion; Lion jumps through the hoop.






Lion looks endearingly at Mama Bear.






Trapeze Girl flies through the air (with the greatest of ease).




Millie and Untrained Dog scale the Picnic Table of Doom.




Kind of.





Untrained Dog jumps through the hoop.  Kind of.




Millie takes a bow, and Untrained Dog takes something else.   What is it?





Uh oh.  Our curckus' second near-death experience.  Sorry, Ducky.  I sat and watched it all unfold.





AnniClown shows her stuff.  The crowd roars with laughter.  




Goody!  The dancers emerge!




Their grace and exotic beauty inspires awe and yearning in the audience.













Oh, here's the dramatic tension.   Dancer One exclaims in mock indignation, "That's MY lion!"




Clown and Dancer One entreat Lion to their respective arms.





I didn't expect this!  Luci & Ducky snatch Lion from their eager grasp!





Chaos ensues!  Dancer One threateningly grabs her weapon of choice-- the hula hoop!  Clown drags Lion to her comical lair!  Bystanders giggle, untouched by the tragedy!





And then it ended, just like that.

 Dancer One hoops the hula




while Clown rides Untrained Dog.




Clown, Luci, and Ducky scale the Picnic Table of Doom and dance a jig atop it.





Clown performs a headstand high above the audience!







What's this?  Dancer One has been roasting wild apple slices in the fire on the sly?  She prepared them for ME?!





I take the roasted apple.




Clown (Now Dancer Two) and Lion slide to the curckus floor.




Dancer One and Dancer Two perform the Magical Costume Presto-Change-O.




Dancer Two executes her own costume change.



The Aftermath.  Pippi shows me "Tiger" (who's really a leopard) and tells me that, with the help of the headband-ears, he's pretending to be a real tiger.


 

THE END.


5 comments :

Deborah Anne said...

I was startled to see my name in the title... :) Hurray for little girls who create their own circuses! I would have loved to have been there. Perhaps I would have had a red velvet seat.

Titi said...

Ah ha ha! Annie made a fantastic ring master!

Molly said...

Bravo! Well Done!!! Every scene kept me smiling. I bet it was such fun to watch!!! Annie's clown shoes are a hoot!

Much love!

Rebecca said...

Ancore Ancore!

(What fun you Owens have)

Rebecca said...

And when I say Ancore, I really mean

ENcore, ENCORE!