9.07.2013

Real Time

My conversation of five seconds ago.
_____________________________________________________

Su, irrepressible and sparkling:
I don't want to grow older because I'm having SO MUCH FUN!

Me, dull, the sensible adult:
It is wonderful to be a child, but living is wonderful when you're older, too.

Su:  Oh, yeah!  There is one reason why I want to get older.  I want to dig for money in Egypt and be a treasure-hunter!  [Don't worry, folks.  You may think she sounds like a greedy little grubber, but wait...]   Then, if I strike rich, I'll have enough money to go and buy LOTS of children from the orphanage, and then I'll take them on SO MANY ADVENTURES!

_______________________________________________________

This is one of many childhood dreams I'd love to actually come true. 


4 comments :

Deborah Anne said...

As ever, I could've commented on every post. But I'm a slacker, so this will have to suffice. Thank you for all the lovely life you've put on here for an Aunt Who Is In Bainbridge to see.

Molly said...

Amen. Wonderful idea!!! Do you remember the African doll I sent the girls a few years ago? It came from Uganda where my daughter's college roommate has an orphanage called, Rafiki Africa Ministries. She is asking for prayers for funding to expand the home so they can accomodate more children. I love Susie's idea.

Much love!

heidiann(e) said...

I love it!

Then we can get that lovely old schoolhouse for them!

Abigail said...

Deb,
You're welcome, as always. We do it for you. :)

Molly,
She loves that doll! Susie actually was the one who immediately latched onto it when we opened the box. That's a neat connection!

Heidi,
Oooh, I like the way your mind works.