8.02.2017

We Drove to Long Island and THEN I Broke My Camera*


But I've had it for over six years now!  I'm impressed I kept it safe thus far.  I took it oceanside to get pictures of the children enjoying the water for what may be the last time, as a move is likely in the near future for John's folks.  My Heart pulled me into the waves, though, and I spent over an hour grinning and floating up and down while working on a sunburn that was completely worth it until we had to leave.  Sorry, children! So neither sand nor waves were to blame. Bending over in the parking lot to pick up the baby, it fell out of the partially unzipped case.   Boom.  I was to blame.

Before that last hurrah, I took some pictures of our vacation at the Long Island Owen Family Resort, where we watched Very Scary Movies and...





saw a bonafide Dude and...




walked and...




sat and....




splashed and....





??? and....






held the wet baby right before Mama broke the camera and...




used up Grandpa's ample supply of fireworks and sparklers, two nights running.  We don't need a camera to remember eating a year's worth of Klondike bars, gobbling strawberry shortcake and ice cream right before bed, feasting at a backyard barbeque that included Aunt Karen and her famous deviled eggs (Annika ate six!), movies in the morning, games with Grandpa, and lots of time cuddling on the couch with Grandma.  What a great gift we have in them.





*Only the lens, I think, and I have some birthday $$ saved up to order a replacement.


2 comments :

Molly said...

I'm glad you were all able to enjoy such a splendid time of fun, family love and special moments. Your pictures and stories from your visits there have been so soul-soothing and heart touching.

I bet even more special memories will be shared at their new location!

Much love!

Abigail said...

They really are wonderful hosts to us...so much love and graciousness in the midst of chaos descending. :) Really-- TEN PEOPLE, some noisier and messier than others-- arriving all at the same time?! They are pretty amazing!