3.24.2020

Leftovers



Poor-quality picture.
Translation of the top-secret message I found on the floor of my room: "Captain, I have been spying all day and night. They have invented tons of weapons including the elastic crossbow, plunger pistol, springshot gun, and the suddenly super tank that shoots a bomb that explodes a whole country. Meet me at 5:15 in the basement."

(Sometimes I wonder if it's safe to live in this house.)




But then this boy brings me a surprise snack of sliced apples, one oreo (thanks McGamma!), and a goblet of the sweetest-souriest homemade lemonade I've ever tasted. Guess living here is worth the risk.











The children packed together making needle-felted strawberries.





Huh. Here's some weird old lady making faces at Skylark. I should probably lock our doors to keep out the riff-raff.










YOU try explaining to Aidan why his coat is not the safest place to carry a hammer outside in the ice and snow.












I can't believe I didn't even get a picture of the finished boat. You can trust my word that it was pretty cool.







3 comments :

Abigail said...

P.s. To any concerned citizens: In the picture above, Skylark is not holding a knife. It is a blunt-tipped tool to sharpen knives and/or use as a sledgehammer to dislodge frozen fruit for yogurt shakes.

Deborah Purdy said...

Boys are so great. If I'm lucky, someday I'll intercept secret messages half as intriguingly dangerous as that one.

Abigail said...

Any day now...