3.24.2020

To Remember


My conversation with Lark, with no sausage-finger-typos this time around...

Background: One of the girls came and let me know that Skylark had tried to follow them on their walk down the road, even though The Road is off-limits to her because she has no concept of danger.

To illustrate that, here's our interchange.

Me, emphatically stern: "What zooms VERY fast on the road and can SMUSH you?!"

Lark, sniffling at my sternness, replies, "A lion! [whimper, whimper]" 

Me, trying again: "No, not a lion...what can hurt you if it hits you on the road?"

 Lark, after a pause for more pitiful sniffles, "...A unicorn."

Sigh. We can't let her out until she's thirty.

1 comment :

Deborah Purdy said...

We already talked about this, but -- best anecdote ever. It made me guffaw. Tadhg was looking over my shoulder and tentatively chuckled, too, pointing at the photo in the post below and probably wondering why I have such a weird sense of humor.