3.24.2020

People are More Important than Food





(Millie still had 1/3 of the doughnut dough to roll out, and space was at a premium. It reminded me of Homer Price, so I took a picture.)


I do believe people are more important than food, and yet the only snapshot I took when the Moyers and Halls visited was the row of bread that Millie baked, and here, when we had Purdyville representatives plus Curtis and Michael, I took two pictures of doughnuts and only one of people. BUT LOOK AT ALL THE DOUGHNUTS! We squeaked by with just enough food for guests the weekend before, which explains why we went overboard when Purdys came. Plus, their appetites did not live up to their prodigious reputation.





Evan gave Susannah and Lucinda amazing birthday gifts. Evan had others contribute to this giant pickle jar filled with a fortune's worth of coins and quirky surprises. It was better than pirate treasure, and she had a lot of fun poring over all the little gifts before bed.

It was a good day filled with sledding and company, marred only by a minor altercation between both of my hands and a pot of oil that boiled over onto them, so here's another picture of food.
Leftover doughnuts.





I mentioned that Evan gave Lucinda an amazing birthday gift, too, right?
TEN POUNDS OF GUMMY BEARS.
More food.

I can never top that.
Happy birthday, Luci!



4 comments :

Deborah Purdy said...

Looks like fun was had by all (minus your poor hands). That donut pile is impressive!! And Evan's gifts were, too. Well done, Evan!

Abigail said...


Evan's gifts will be immortalized in any history book worth its salt.

cadie said...

Thanks again for everything! You guys are crazy... almost as crazy as us! I didn't eat many doughnuts the day of because I was too full from the delicious lunch, but I enjoyed the leftovers. My brother Collin, who didn't come to the party, seemed to be enjoying them too from the number of times I saw him warming up some in the microwave!

Ahh, Evan is a good person to be immortalized! It's so fun to see the things his brain comes up with.

Abigail said...

We are nowhere near Purdy-level, but I do think the doughnut amount came close. :)