10.27.2006

Three Unclothed.

What are paragraphs without pictures?

We drove to Nanticoke on Monday to see my cousin Leah and her family because on Saturday, after a hard and lengthy labor, Isaiah Athanasius had finally arrived. He is a beautiful boy with a head of dark hair, and, rightly so, his brothers and parents are as pleased as punch with him. We were happy to hear of his safe passage into this Great Wide World and happier yet to meet him in person.

On Wednesday, visiting friends arrived for (what else but) visiting, and I didn't take pictures. (I know, it's hard to believe, but rest assured that we enjoyed both the food and the conversation.) It's been some time since I'd seen them-- except for you, Michelle, thanks to late-night, Terry gatherings-- and it was good to catch up a bit. Quick visits are akin to giving someone a sip of water instead of a spring, though, so come again! I'll make two cheesecakes...

Last week, Grandma Owen sent up three (count 'em, three!) boxes filled with wonderful things to enliven the late autumn gloom, many of which will undoubtedly be featured in future snapshots. (Ahem. Sit in the crow's nest and squint away for costumes and new rubber boots, because I have a feeling they're in your electronic future.)

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Thanks again Abby for your hospitality last week! I had such fun. It is so soul satisfying to be with friends.

Would you please share that deliciou cheesecake recipe? A week later and I am still thinking about it! I loved it from it's rich chocolaty smooth insides to the delicious chocolate crumb crust. Please PLEASE share! Who knows how long it will be before I can invite myself over to your house again! :-)

Abigail said...

It was so good to see you and the children, and, though you're welcome to, there's no need to invite yourself. I'll do it for you. Come again! Anytime!

I'll try to post that recipe either tonight or tomorrow.