10.06.2006

Grey Goose.




Stones are silent
Riverbed
Stars and years pass overhead.
Comet's tail lashed out the moon,
so morning's sun sat up too soon.

Knew a world in night-dark eyes,
two palms touched, tried on for size.

One with one and fire between,
hear the word I heard unseen.
___________________________________________

Gypsy man, I hold that rain-soaked rag,
with scent and memories clinging.

And, in empty-bellied hurry and haste,
I set down a list (about a man who loves lists) to properly begin today:

Faithful
Compassionate
An earnest follower of the Lord God
A lover of Justice and a liver of Grace
Crazier than most
Quirky as all get-out
Boardgame geek any day of the week
Thoughtful
Deliberate
Impulsive
Real
As honest as Abe (but a lot more fun).
A smith who turns words on their heads
One who sees the Darkness and the Light
One who Knows me, and yet loves me wholly as I am.
One who gives freely like someone who has nothing to lose.
The only boy I've ever kissed.
A first love and a last love.

And now, with three God-given sweetlings, a perfect Papa.

It can be said of anyone, I suppose, but, really, John's like no other.
I love him until all the worlds fail and then some.
True as blue. Together two.

If all of time came uncoiled, the length of these last five years would be smaller than sight. But we, living from one day to another, marvel at the swiftness of them. It feels like yesterday and too far away to remember.

Barefoot, with my fists full of programs and the great clouds of my dress slung over my shoulder, I entered the church at ten to eleven, still wishing for the gloomy weather to turn face so that we could marry next to the woods. A few minutes and one looped ponytail later, I stepped into the dress, my mom laced up the back, Belle Michelle snapped a few pictures, and I was off down the aisle to see John.

Five years ago today, it was,
in the best month of all with my best friend of all.
Happy fifth to us!

14 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

indeed, happy 5th to you.
may God bless you in all the years to come.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on five years. What an endearing tribute to your lover. May you be blessed with many more years!

Griffen said...

What a great photo of you two....
Just one frame of so much happiness.

Happy fifth of many!

Margaret said...

Happy fifth to the happy couple! Has it been 5 years - shocking. So in love, blessings to you both.

Liana said...

5 years - how wonderful, as well as your words to your best friend! Congrats!

Full of Grace said...

You are so wonderful with words! Congratulations to both you and John and may GOD bless you both with many more years together and many more GOD-given sweeties :)

Grace said...

happy anniversary.

sarah said...

hooray!

Wendy said...

Happy 5th Anniversary to the Owens!!! CELEBRATE !

Leah said...

Abby,

HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I can't believe I forgot about your anniversary! *blush* And I even saw you the day afterward! Please forgive my forgetfullness!

Kelly said...

Happy (belated) 5th Anniversary!! May God bless you with many many more!!

Michelle said...

Abby,

A very happy, but very belated happy 5th anniversary wish!!!! :D If I had known, I would've whipped up some sugary concoction last Sat. in celebration! (Like we needed more of that! haha)

Kelly said...

Hi...I am going private with my blog and want to add you to my list but I cant find your email. Can you email me (kjpenney@yahoo.com)

Kelly said...

Nevermind my last comment, I decided to not go private.

So...a new post?! See you Sunday LW!