3.16.2007

Flimsy

She's one year old and deserves this. (Actually, it's just an excuse to dump all of these pictures of an adorable nestling on you.)




Here she is holding her new baby, a gift from Grandma Owen, while wearing her new dress from Grandma Johnson (made for when she's a bit bigger but still awfully cute). She loves her baby and acts more motherly than some mothers. She pats her back, hugs her close, and says, "Awwwwwwwww." Then she drops her precious baby on the floor and waddles away.



Little lips in the sun.




Zebra on the loose! I found this creature in our bathroom, and I'm keeping her, no matter the laws against housebound zebra-birds.




Everyone knows that zebras cause lots of mischief.


Remember this dress? There are many benefits to having three girls in a row, and this is one of them.



The week before Susannah's birthday, Millie kept wrapping up toys for her to open. She was as happy as if they weren't toys she played with every day, so we only bought her a ball for her birthday.


Reading a Jan Brett book at Barnes and Noble.


Sunbathing in winter.

8 comments :

Rebecca said...

1) That crochet dress is lovely-I have never seen a crochet dress before! The color looks very nice on your bird too.

2) I LOVE that owl dress. In fact, I love it SO much I am going to make one...for Corynn. Oh-but I love it even more than that...I will make a jumper for Corynn out of pink and I will make some shortalls out of blue for Andrew.
LOVE IT!

3)That zebra picture is the COOLEST thing ever! It too, is topnotch!

Anonymous said...

Hm, most of our one year-olds were utterly flummoxed by the process of unwrapping presents. Glad the Wren had such a fun time with it!

sarah said...

she's so light! millie is as dark as her papa, and annika seems pretty light- but that third Bird is a pale little thing!

Liana said...

She's beautiful!

Griffen said...

Do you think she looks like annie in a few of those shots?

Obviously, I do, but I'm thinking her mama is the expert on that one...

Abigail said...

Rebecca,
The owl dress was handed down from Annika, and I love it, too. Sew away!

Titi,
Oh, she was flummoxed, but she liked it, anyway....for the two or so seconds before Millie so helpfully jumped in to unwrap it for her. (Part of me thinks Millie wrapped things up for the pleasure of helping to unwrap them.)

Yes, she's beautiful, and, yes, she inherited my pastiness, and, yes, no, maybe she looks like Annika. I'm really a bad person to ask. There are flashes of both Millie and Annie in her at moments, but she's got a look all her own, too.

heidiann(e) said...

i'm so glad you're back to posting.

what a precious little one. she's gittin' so BIG!

heidiann(e) said...

revisiting this, i must add how scrumptious are those plumps.