3.16.2007

Snow Day the Second


Next time, with the weather no longer bitter, they played in soggy snow. Thank you, March! Susannah loved it. She tried to walk through it, but face-falling convinced her of the superiority of snow-crawling. I let her play with abandon.



I meant abandon literally, but I had to step in when I saw her doing things like this (note the pulled off mitten)...


And then this, which made me laugh quite a bit.



All the while, her sisters constructed a snow tower that rivalled Babel in its heights.




And they played in dirty mounds of snow, with variations.











They ate dirty snow, too.



And they threw it at each other.




Lastly, they rediscovered the lilac bushes, the same ones that had been hoping they'd been forgotten for good. (And I've since given the girls a lesson on appropriate trees to climb. One-- they must be sturdy. Two-- they must not belong to other people who may not appreciate midget climbers. I failed to mention my own breaking of those two rules on untold occasions because, in my bottomless pool of mother's wisdom, I choose what's best for them to know.)




2 comments :

Liana said...

I truly enjoy all your pictures! So many that it's hard to comment to all of them!

Abigail said...

Thanks, Liana! I should post them in smaller portions so that I can feast on your comments, eh?