3.16.2007

You Guessed It-- Lamb the Second



The next warm day, Susannah again tethered to my back in that wonderful thing, we retraced our steps to the park. We took two apples and found untold pinecones, sticks, and stones. An endless supply of these treasures exists, which is a good thing, because children never tire of them. It's good for the girls to be outdoors again. Our shared exhilaration enlarges my spirit, too, especially after being cooped in the house for three weeks or so, except for the once-a-week adventure to Ithaca for worship with the saints.


Apples:



Mildred always wants me to inspect the blemishes on apples to see if they're fit to eat.





Pinecones and playgrounds:


They're making "pinecone prints." I know because I asked.



Being short makes Annika awfully grumpy.


Sticks and stones:

They're making stick tracks. I know because I asked.



A lot of this happened before they began stick-splashing.
We went home a bit wet.




This is the stones part, only they're watching the splash. The stones are sinking.



And we went home. Jiggety-jig, little pig.



The shutter didn't open all the way, hence the nifty, accidental frame.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Your girls are treasures. I love seeing the good use they put their imaginations to...and I love how they are never apart. That is great.

The last picture is a nifty frame!

heidiann(e) said...

beauty abounds.