3.26.2008

Easter Three

For the sake of something.
You wouldn't know it to look at these pictures, but, though short, this was the most miserable picture session. By that, I mean that I was the Most Miserable Mama Bear ever. I've decided that I should just give up on trying to make three sweetlings sit still and SMILE, especially when the oldest and the youngest have been awake since five o'clock in the morning. I usually disagree with the practice of posing one's children like puppets just for the sake of getting a good picture, whether the end result looks candid and natural or formally posed (though I grudgingly admit that there are appropriate times, this day wasn't one of them).

Okay. Nine months from now, I'll probably forget this and try to take pictures of them in Christmas dresses...remind me.

So, three cheers to these three girls, who forgive me so readily for my failings. They act more Christlike in their simple forgiveness and forsaking of sin than I do with my eternal memory, and I would do well to wholly forgive others the way that they forgive me.

The first picture I took. Looks like fun, eh?


Here's the happy one when we began.


Here's what happened when I asked them to smile.



Here's the Enough's Enough one when I decided to put us out of our misery.


And here's where we ended. When I wasn't looking, Susannah was zapped with the Shrinking Ray. Poor thing.


8 comments :

Michelle said...

The comment on the last photo had me guffawing at 10 p.m and Dave wondering what on earth was going on! :D

You are a brave woman. I think I have maybe two photos of my three boys looking halfway normal, and I have taken many. I have never tried the cute outfit-posed photos before. If that is what happens with three girls, I don't think I will try it with three boys! haha

Liana said...

I love this whole series of photos - your girls are as always, too cute - and the fact that Susannah is falling, yet still with tongue out is TOO much!

love it.

Rebecca said...

These all look GREAT. I love the expressions that are clearly written all over their faces, and the words you put with them. The Shrinking Ray hit my funny bone and I was still laughing about it, later that night. I know, I need more entertainment!

The girls all look so pretty and cheery. When we went to church, we were the only family dressed to the nines (which we always do for holidays and communion days, especially) because for some reason, to celebrate Easter in anyway, even with spring attire, would be heinously sinful and extra-biblical. Yeah. RIiight.

heidiann(e) said...

those made me laugh.
i like the hats too.
perhaps their revenge to you will be insisting on new hats AND white gloves next year.
cutie pies.

Anonymous said...

Well, even if it was a miserable picture-taking, I enjoyed looking at the photos of them all in dresses together! I like the third one, with Millie's head cocked at an angle with a "sober" expression, Annika's straight-on smile, and Susannah's head pulled back with a funny expression. (Is she learning how to LIP PLUMP, too? :-) I like the fourth one a lot too.

Michelle P said...

well, silly or not, i am a fan of the Easter pictures...something about these cuties in pink! they're all adorable!

Abigail said...

Cadie,
NOW I know who's been dipping into the Lip Plump. I hadn't even suspected her, but I think you're rihgt.

Heidi,
I'll have to mention gloves to the McGamma. She sent up these lovely dresses and hats for the girls, and gloves would be just the thing to spice up next year's misery of a photo shoot.

Griffen said...

I echo your sentiments in moments of quick-temper and what feels like failings, while the littles seem to forget and forgive and love so true without skipping one beat. I find myself wondering at their patience with me in my impatience - and learn so much from the way they forgive.

As for these pictures, I can never stop gawking at the differences in three that are so obviously flesh and blood. I love the Black and brown, the Red and blue, the Fair and green of each. Your girls are such beauties.