3.26.2008

The Feast

We arrived home from our hour-long journey from church and immediately set about the final preparations for the meal. My parents and two of my brothers came for the feast, and they helped. Mom scurried around the kitchen with me, finishing sauces and boiling potatoes, Dad stirred the punch, John made salad into art, and Joel took the burden of resting upon himself. (The girls had completely tuckered him out...)



Annika didn't let him recover for long, though.



And here's Luke, dutifully reading to Millie while she...sucks her toes?!???!?



And that's it! I took no pictures of our feast table, all spread with glass, green, and yellow, no pictures of the sizzling ham, and no pictures of the feasters themselves.
It was yummy. Let this list stand in for snapshots:

Spiced Honey Ham
Sour Cherry Sauce
Roasted Garlic & Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
Ham Gravy
Green Bean and Carrot Medley
Streusal-Topped Cheesy Broccoli
Corn (thanks to Mom freezing last harvest, we all ate golden pieces of summertime)

Fluffy Rolls
Deviled Eggs
Fruity Jello Salad
Tossed Spring Salad
Home-canned Dill Pickles
Summer Squash and Red Pepper Pickles
Home-canned Chunky Applesauce

Cream Puffs (yummiest ever; thanks, Mom!)
Lemon Meringue Pie

Pink Punch
Water (WOW!!!!)
Blushing Moon table wine

I did take a few pictures of leftovers, though, which can be found You Know Where.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Wowza! That IS a feast! All that food made me crazy hungry!

Abigail said...

Tell me about it. It's nine o'clock, and my belly's growling...or maybe that's Buster.