6.09.2008

Cream

We've consumed more ice cream in the last two weeks than we have proper food. This is not a joke, though I kind of wish it was.

The occasion for our first ice cream outing was the opening of the area's free carousels. Here's Annie on her first ride of the season, though the girls have been on a dozen already since then.




And here's the post-carousel cream.





The spotlight's on Susannah because she took so long to finish her cone, and John took the older girls on a walk while I waited.






With a nod to our neighborhood Friendly's, I post this picture. This past Friday, Friendly's handed out giant ice cream cones for free. Free ice cream? We were there in a flash.

2 comments :

Full of Grace said...

To beat the heat, my littlest 2 and I headed to the mall and the air conditioning knowing well enough about the free ice cream- let me tell you it was WONDERFUL, COOL, and REFRESHING- even Cassandra almost demolished her whole bowl of soft serve vanilla!

I too have been surviving on ice cream. That has been the staple to my diet these days!

Abigail said...

Glad I'm not the only one who's eating ice cream for two!

Enjoy it! Only a few more weeks to go.... :)