6.09.2008

Impressionable

Be mindful of what you read to children. While at Barnes and Noble, I read the girls A Baby Sister for Frances, in which Frances runs away (under the table in the next room) and eats, among other things, chocolate sandwich cookies. I don't think Millie quite understands what chocolate sandwich cookies are, because when we got home, she immediately began cheerful preparations to run away. Chief among these preparations was, with Papa's permission, the construction of "chocolate sandwich cookies" for herself and the other girls. Whole wheat bread spread with peanut butter, spread thickly with chocolate chips and raisins, and microwaved until warm and melty.

Millie ran away to the pinecone tree and ate her sandwich there. The other two ate theirs on the porch. They all assured me that I would love them, but I still held back...


No comments :